Monday, July 5, 2010

It's 10:26 pm...I need to blog!!

Today has been a bit crazy. I'm working as the camp nurse at Living Waters in Danforth this week, so we arrived there Sunday after going to church in Springfield. This morning I came back to Springfield to take my mom to the doctor in Lincoln. He pulled the drain and also told us that the pathology report had come back. Originally we had hoped that only one or two lymph nodes housed the cancer; all the nodes he removed were cancerous. So, she still has some decisions to make and will follow up with other doctors in a couple of weeks. I think this news hit her pretty hard but she still wanted to stop in Lee and see her cousins on the way home. She also had a visit this morning from her cousin Henry who is her age and who went to grade school with her. They hadn't seen each other in 20 years...that was a life of value lesson! Family matters...always!!  

So, given this news, I decided to come back to Springfield tonight (after going back to Danforth) to be with her as we have to get up at 3am to take Mike to the airport in Bangor. To some of you, all this driving is meaningless, but let's just say we've put 2200 miles on the van in the last 2 weeks. That's not very frugal, now is it?? But being here with Mom, that's priceless. Other deals will have to wait.

It's  taken me way too long to type this because I'm tired and I keep making mistakes...so off to bed for me, and maybe some better blogging tomorrow. Life is a gift, that's why it's called the present! Dont' forget it...cherish every day God gives you.
                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment