Ronald Reagan's Favorite Macaroni and Cheese
1/2 pound of elbow macaroni (approx 2 cups)
1 teaspoon butter
3 cups of grated sharp cheddar
1 cup milk
1 tsp of dry mustard dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot tap water (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 and butter a shallow 8 or 9 inch casserole.
2. Cook macaroni until slightly firm, drain, then mix with butter and all but 1/2 cup of cheese.
3. Transfer to casserole pan.
4. Beat together milk, egg mustard salt and pepper; pour mixture over casserole and top with leftover cheese.
5. Bake for 45 minutes until slightly crusty and brown. Serve hot.
My kids devour this; I have to make a double batch now to feed my crew of seven.
Here a couple freebies for you:
Free sample of the new Covergirl Luxe foundation:
Free Maggi soup sample:
Free Lacoste fragrance sample: