Thursday, January 20, 2011

My favorite Mac and Cheese recipe

Today happens to be National Cheese Lover's Day AND National Coffee Break Day. Wow. Two of my favorite foods! In honor of this, I am posting my favorite homemade mac n cheese recipe, which happens to bear the name of my favorite president. (This doesn't include my friend Stephanie's famous Stinky Mac, but I don't have that recipe.)

Ronald Reagan's Favorite Macaroni and Cheese
1/2 pound of elbow macaroni (approx 2 cups)
1 teaspoon butter
3 cups of grated sharp cheddar
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 tsp of dry mustard dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot tap water (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
ground pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350 and butter a shallow 8 or 9 inch casserole.
2. Cook macaroni until slightly firm, drain, then mix with butter and all but 1/2 cup of cheese.
3. Transfer to casserole pan.
4. Beat together milk, egg mustard salt and pepper; pour mixture over casserole and top with leftover cheese.
5. Bake for 45 minutes until slightly crusty and brown. Serve hot.

My kids devour this; I have to make a double batch now to feed my crew of seven.

Here a couple freebies for you:

Free sample of the new Covergirl Luxe foundation:

Free Maggi soup sample:

Free Lacoste fragrance sample:

Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Nice recipe and thanks for shared it. I usually avoid to eat cheese. But it is favorite of my wife. SO for her I like this.

    ReplyDelete