Friday, July 9, 2010

$40.00 Freebie & Second Hand Blessings

A friend from NC just emailed a notice that the Oak Hollow Thrift Store in High Point is having a great summer sale on all their summer clothing. My niece, who works at a second hand shop on Broadway in Bangor, ME (the name escapes me at the moment), told me the same thing. So, I'm guessing it's that time of year...you know...when you are just getting full-tilt into summer and you notice all the back-to-school sale flyers coming in the mailbox! That really drives me crazy...can we just enjoy summer, thank you very much? Anywho...I guess it is the time to start thinking about the summer stuff being on sale.

On that note, I dropped by the camp bookstore this afternoon. I LOVE this place. A few years back, they started taking donations of used Christian books/CDs/Videos to resell. Consequently, they are able to offer some really good deals. I bought stocking stuffer CDs for all the kids ($2 each) and found 4 books for a buck and a Sara Groves CD for me! And I help out the camp in the process.

Last weekend I stopped at a yardsale in Danforth on the way home from getting the kids. (It's harder to go yard-salin' in  Maine because there's such a distance between stops.) This was a pretty good one. I picked up a bunch of baby clothes for a friend at 10 cents each and also found a nice pair of leather mens' shoes for Aaron for 50 cents. So there really are deals everywhere, if you are willing to shop around.

I'm sure you've seen ads for the new Barnes and Noble e-reader called "nook"- similar to Amazon's Kindle. Did you know that you can download e-reader onto your computer for free? Head to Barnes & Noble with a book that you are reading on their eReader from today until July 15th and get a free coffee! Nice little perk. And there are hundreds and hundreds of free book downloads...my personal favorite being Pride and Prejudice, of course!

Here's a really great freebie on Neutrogena:  From 7/11 through 7/18 get Neutrogena Clinical SPF 30, Night or Eye FREE after mail in rebate. The rebate is up to $40 so this should cover it most anywhere that you choose to get it. Here's the link:

http://www.neutrogenaclinical.com/sites/default/files/NeutrogenaClinical_TryItFree_Rebate.pdf
I'm going to try to find this in Lincoln, Maine...could be tricky!!

Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment