Saturday, February 13, 2010

this week's freebies, updates


Happy Olympics to you...and especially to my Canadian friends, eh!!! Thanks for hosting them. I like the Olympics...it always gives me that warm-fuzzy-everybody's-happy feeling.

Anyway, on to the great deals this week:


Rite Aid: first, you should know that Rite Aid is offering a new card to replace the old Rite Rewards card.
The "RiteAid Wellness program" is officially available for 4 cities, Buffalo NY, Greensboro NC, (and I'm there, so I already have my card!) Harrisburg PA, San Diego CA, but it will accept sign-ups from anyone in any area, plus it should be expanding soon. Some people report that their out-of-area RiteAids are accepting the cards now, others say no. Go to this link to sign up http://www5.riteaid.com/wellness whether you live in the 4 cities or not. You’ll get the card in the mail. Have the cashier scan it before each purchase. Plus, when you sign up, you’ll get a $5/$25 coupon.  Sign up now, then when it goes national, you'll already have the card in hand. When the card is swiped, you get coupons printed on your receipt.

There are some good freebies out this week, but it's going to take a little work on your part:


Rite Aid: Promo for Oil of Olay Skin and Bath Care products including Facial Cleanser, Complete or Active Hydrating Moisturizer, Ribbons Body Wash, or Bar Soap 6 pack. They will be 3/$18, minus a $15/3 'manufacturer's on-line rebate' = 3/$3. Wow. Here is the link for the rebate:  http://www.olay.com/samplesandoffers/ Combine with coupons for some free stuff!!  Void in ME. (italics info from Refundcents)

CVS: free after extra care bucks (ECB): soy joy bars 6 pack; free after ECB+coupon: aussie products, crest prohealth toothpaste and certain covergirl products

I could spend a lot of time telling you about other good deals, but for now I will focus on the freebies and leave the rest up to you!

Daily Buck: ( how I made or saved a buck today)  I replanted 16 of the 18 tomatoes. Them ol' seeds didn't come up. I bought a new pack at Wal-Mart. I picked out my own VD gift too...my choice (Mike was there!) I bought a candle and movie=romantic night in:)!! And for the record, I bought him Ralph Lauren cologne at TJ Maxx for half price!!

Weekly Update: Total grocery expenditure week of Feb 7-13: $35.00. Weekly average since I started keeping track on Jan 24: $91.00  Remember, I include food, paper products, pet food, toilettries and cleaning supplies for my family of 7 (one exchange student). Recent Meals: sloppy joes, pulled pork BBQ, spaghetti, homemade pizza, shrimp stir fry, cube steak/rice/corn, chicken/taters/salad, and tonight a big ol' pot of bean soup with cornbread.  YUMMMMM.

Happy Savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment