Thursday, September 23, 2010

The tale of two wreaths....(making things pretty)

I think it's important to find beauty in every day, and to surround yourself with it as much as possible, even if it's just in the little things. That being said, my niece is one of the most creative people I know. Everything she touches ends up looking pretty and she just has a penchant for turning the ordinary into the extraordinary. Here is a wreath she made after finding "some weeds on my walk:"


Isn't that stunning against her red door? I, on the other hand, am not that way. It's not that I don't really appreciate things like this, it's just that I'm not so great at creating them. That's why I tend to rely on yardsale finds and bargains. I picked this wreath up for a buck at a yardsale:



So what's the point? Well, I just want you to find beauty in your life. And maybe there are days when you are feeling down and thinking that you'll never be able to afford "the finer things in life." When those days come, go for a walk a pick a few weeds, or check out the neighbor's yardsale. You'll find beauty is all around you!

1 comment:

  1. Your niece here- love your wreath up by your brick arch!$1 is perfect-yards sales are our friends.By the way I used a coat hanger bent in a circle & garbage bag twisties to put this wreath together so it cost me absolutely nothing & I love that challenge!!!- KFC

    ReplyDelete