Tuesday, March 16, 2010

White Chicken Chili, richest men in the world?


I have to go in to work soon, so this will be short.
I've posted my recipe for White Chicken Chili on the blog page. It is not my own...but it is delish!! It's our family's favorite chili now. I usually double the recipe.

Was able to get some pretty good deals at Wags yesterday. Spent $15, but saved $23 and got back $7 in RR. Love that store!! I did my big grocery shop at Aldi.and I had my Korean student with me. As I checked out, she heard the amount (only $72.00, which I thought was pretty good for 7 people) and said, "Wow, this is a lot of food and money. Maybe I will rethink having 4 kids."

Got my (free) issue of Forbes magazine yesterday. Always an interesting read. This one highlights the world's billionaires...a number hard for me to comprehend. There are 1,011 of them. I'm sure you've heard by now that Bill Gates lost the top spot to Carlos Slim Helu (see photo), a mobile phone magnet from Mexico. Mr. Gates remains #2. And we can thank Facebook for making Zuckerman the youngest man on the list. So if you have a Facebook account or use Windows consider yourself to have had a hand in their success. Gotta love the creative genius God endows us with. I'm so thankful for technology!!

I also read another article from a different magazine recently that posed an interesting question: If the ten richest men in the world weren't rich, would the poorest be any less poor?

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment