Friday, July 8, 2011

Maine or bust! All You Day 20 and 21

I will be updating daily on the All You Grocery Challenge, which runs June19- July16. The Challenge: spend only $25 per person per week or less ($150.00 for my crew) to feed your family, including eating out...but do so in a creative, healthy way. An * denotes our own garden food; (parentheses indicate healthy changes.) Winner gets $1000 and a write up in ALL YOU magazine! Please know that for grocery purchase totals, I round to the nearest dollar.



Day 20 and 21


We head out in about 2 hours for our trip to Maine...I'm soooooo excited! It's an interesting time to be completing this challenge as we will be on the road. I've packed a bunch of food for picnics. We'll see how it goes. Because we are hauling our boat, the trip will be even slower than the usual 21 hours, but that's fine with me. I doubt I'll get to a computer tomorrow, but the plan will be dinner tonight and breakfast/lunch tomorrow on the road. The adventure begins!!

Today we had sausage and toast for breakfast and then we all did the white trash bag with spots for cow costumes and scored $37.00 worth of free food at Chick-fil-A. What a great, generous store!! Thanks for lunch, Chick-fil-A.

Here's a shot of Lee with Mike at Camp Cherokee (on his way to Eagle!!):

No comments:

Post a Comment