Saturday, July 30, 2011

Free book and granola bar!

Here's a link for a great new free book for you: www.gfa.org/wm "Be among the first to read this gripping narrative that displays the redemptive power of God among the most fragile. This next great wave of transformation is changing the lives of children, their families and entire communities. Filled with riveting stories of God's redeeming love. Your heart will rejoice as you share in their triumph. This dynamic book will open your eyes to an amazing move of God."

And here's a link for free Kashi cereal or bar: http://www.kashi.com/kidfriendlyfoods

I had a great birthday...worked from 7-1, went to see our good friends the Gaskills off at the airport (Rwanda bound!) and then Mike took me out for dinner. I had a coupon for one restaurant that ended up being out of business, so we went to Giannos...and it was very tasty:). Mike also bought me the book 1000 Gifts, by Ann Voskamp. It's a keeper. I can tell that much and I've only read a tiny bit. She focuses on gratitude and finding reasons to thank God no matter where you are or what circumstances you are in. As my regular readers know, this is an area of my life that I constantly need help in. Why is it that our natural inclination is to grumble and complain? I truly believe that "God lives in the praise of His people;" I have seen the evidence in my own life. When I consciously force myself to thank Him in the midst of trauma/difficulty, when I find reasons to praise Him regardless, I change, even when the circumstances don't.  And this is what Mrs. Voskamp shows us....so pick up a copy at the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment