Thursday, July 28, 2011

I'm an All You semi-finalist!

I came home from a 12 hour shift today to find an email that I officially made it to the top 10 in the All You grocery challenge!! I am still pumped! When I found out that there were over 7000 entries last year and even more expected this year, I figured I didn't have a shot in the dark. So, to those who followed and cheered me on, thanks! I send in all my receipts tomorrow and will find out if I make the top 3 by August 5th, but either way, I am just totally stoked to have even made it this far. And tomorrow is my 43rd birthday...so happy birthday to me:)

Here's a look at the freebies I got on Tuesday:
The Soyjoy bar, Crest, Scope, floss and firearm safety video were mail freebies...the 2 tapas servers and sponge were free after that sweet $10/$10 coupon for Pier 1 (regularly $23.00...I paid a few cents in tax). Then I had coupons for free Phenom Coconut water, full size Pantene, & Lipton tea. The IAMS catfood was almost free after a $5.00 off coupon. The beautiful moth?? I found him deceased outside the Pier 1 store--for someone with a bug collection, it was like Christmas! (I know, I'm weird.) I LOVE this hobby!!

Yesterday, I helped my daughter set up her first checking account that included her life's savings and about $300 dollars more for her first college semester. She was feeling pretty excited ("reckless" was her word, actually) until she wrote the first two checks to her college. All of a sudden, looking up all her textbooks on http://www.half.com/ and going to Edward McKays to compare prices became very important to her. (Half.com won, by the way). I love it when the lightbulb comes on. When I went to bed last night, she was tallying her savings. That's my girl!

My boss gave me a b'day card today that said, "It's your birthday, do something CRAZY. Go to a restaurant without a coupon!" (Thanks, Jodi:) As you can see, I have a reputation. I also have a BOGO coupon for my birthday dinner tomorrow night.

God is so good and I am such a blessed woman. Thanks for reading, family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being a semi-finalist - I'm rooting for you to make it all the way! And you know, you share a birthday with my darling husband! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete