Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday, America!! All You Day 16

My niece-in-law, who is career military along with her husband, just posted this song on facebook. I have never heard it, but thought it was worth sharing this 4th of July as we reflect on this great land!  http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2F&h=TAQBEgaN_ America, Bless God.

I will be updating daily on the All You Grocery Challenge, which runs June19- July16. The Challenge: spend only $25 per person per week or less ($150.00 for my crew) to feed your family, including eating out...but do so in a creative, healthy way. An * denotes our own garden food; (parentheses indicate healthy changes.) Winner gets $1000 and a write up in ALL YOU magazine! Please know that for grocery purchase totals, I round to the nearest dollar.



Day 16

Breakfast: cornflakes, homemade granola, coffee, milk, OJ
Lunch: hotdogs on the grill (I like to grill on the 4th!!), homemade salsa* and chips, peaches, sugar-free lemonade/water
Dinner: steak, corn on the cob, homemade baked beans, watermelon, cucumber* & tomatoe* salad, deviled eggs, strawberry shortcake, milk/water/iced tea
This was my plate...I'm working on portion-control:)

WalMart today: 3# peaches, tortilla chips, huge watermelon and cool-whip: $8.00
Walgreens: 2 dozen eggs: $2.00

Today we also went to Carolina Thrift as they were having a half off everything sale. I picked up a bunch of school clothes--including a brand-new-with-tags pair of Chaps shorts and two pair of like new jeans and some hardbacked books which will serve as Christmas gifts. All told we got 19 items and I paid $37.00. The shorts alone had a new tagged price of $45.00!! Love those deals. Also picked up a bunch of lotion at 75% off at Bath and Body yesterday. The start of the Christmas stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment