Saturday, June 18, 2011

Homemade Dishwaser Detergent; free dog food & coconut milk

Nothing brings me satisfaction like canning our produce. The first 5 quarts of the season!

Free Alpo Sample: http://instoresnow.walmart.com/enhancedrendercontent_ektid82797.aspx#/homergent

Coupon for a free coconut milk product: http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/share/

TCBY is offering a free cup/cone of yogurt to dads on Father's day!

This is a great deal on ALL YOU magazine: 88cents an issue. You won't find it cheaper and 40% of the total goes to help tornado victims. I just renewed my subscription. (I don't get anything for this, BTW, just thought you might like a heads up!):
http://freebies4mom.com/2011/06/09/all-you-0-83issue-plus-support-tornado-relief-efforts/

Here's a recipe for Homemade Dishwasher detergent. I just mixed up my first batch because I actually had all the ingredients in the house. I'll try it out tonight. I'm guessing the cost for this size batch is about 80 cents if you use generic salt, baking soda and drink mix, which would be way less than even generic brands. I'll let you know how it works. I've seen many different recipes...do you have one that works for you??

1 cup Borax
1 cup baking soda
1/4 cup salt
1 pckt unsweetened lemon drink mix (think kool-aid)

Use 1 tablespoon per load

Frugal Stuff: I went to a few yardsales this am. Picked up a mirror that I plan to paint for the upstairs bathroom. I just finished picking about a half bushel of beans and now it's time to get laundry on the line and possibly paint the rocking chairs on my porch. We'll see how the day goes...

2 comments:

  1. I'm really interested to hear how that home made dishwasher soap works. I'll have to keep my eye out for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia here...for some reason it won't let me post on my own blog (my fault, i am certain!)
    The detergent worked as well as the generic stuff I buy, I was quite pleased with the results.

    ReplyDelete