It's my husband's 56th birthday today, and I didn't know what to get him. He's not into gifts much anyway, so I thought I would just talk about all the reasons I'm glad I married him!!
1) He does karate kicks in public.
2) He washes the dishes every night.
3) He genuinely loves his students, and people in general.
4) He's quick to forgive.
5) He knows how to do mechanic work....
6)....and basic electrical stuff....
7)....and basic plumbing...
8)...and construction too (teaching the kids...)
9) For the last 3 summers he has been working on our log cabin. It's A LOT to do during a 7 week summer break.
10) He lets me plan all our travels without even knowing where we are going.
11) He loves to grow flowers.
13) He doesn't let me feel sorry for myself.
14) He's incredibly organised.
15) He's the opposite of messy.
16) He tells me he loves me every day.
17) He values family.
18) He's frugal like me, so we rarely have money issues.
19) He's quick to apologise.
20) He taught the kids to respect me always.
21) He loves Maine more than Michigan.
22) He takes me fishing.
23) He once restored a GTO....but he really doesn't care what he drives now.
24) He loves to travel as much as I do.
26) He makes sure we go to church and supports the Pastor and staff.
27) He makes sure we tithe (at a minimum).
28) He prays for me and the kids every day.
29) He lets me give away money to causes that are important to me.
30) He sings silly songs. (OK...it IS annoying sometimes, but still great.)
31) He picks me wild flowers in the summer.
32) He loves my family.
33) He is a great dad to our 4 kids.
35) He listens when I'm being totally irrational.
36) He's willing to do all the frugal things.
37) He doesn't complain about my cooking, and he's not a picky eater.
38) He's even learned to eat (not like) onions.
39) He watches Chick Flicks with me.
40) He points me back to rationality when I am anxious.
41) He takes care of his health.
42) He fixes all the things I haul home.
44) He's always trying to be a better person.
45) He doesn't make excuses.
46) He likes to tell stories.
47) He likes to meet new people.
48) He'll try any food.
49) He loves teaching and his former students.
51) He wears the thrift store clothes I buy him.
52) He likes to go camping.
56) His love language is encouraging words....this should get me some Brownie Points!!! I love you!!