Saturday, June 25, 2011

All You Day 7--the week's totals

I will be updating daily on the All You Grocery Challenge, which runs June19- July16. The Challenge: spend only $25 per person per week or less ($150.00 for my crew) to feed your family, including eating out...but do so in a creative, healthy way. An * denotes our own garden food; (parentheses indicate healthy changes.) Winner gets $1000 and a write up in ALL YOU magazine! Please know that for grocery purchase totals, I round to the nearest dollar.


Day 7:

I have to admit, this All You Challenge is more difficult than I thought it would be. I have always been very frugal with my grocery budget, but I never include eating out in that budget as that comes under the "entertainment" tab at my house, and even then it is rare. (However, in my normal grocery budget, I include toiletries, paper products and cleaning suppllies, and in this challenge, these are not included) Of course, we had to start on a week when there were two (not ONE but TWO) trips planned and I really didn't have a choice. Now that it's over, I'm glad though. It just made me that much more conscious of what I was buying.

Breakfast: whole wheat pancakes, milk, OJ
Lunch: ham and pepper jack on whole wheat, nectarine, diet coke (just me!!)
Dinner: chef's salad with ham, eggs and cheese, milk

My totals out this week (rounded to the nearest dollar)

Complete Total for Food this Week: $127.00 new update $112.00! (the coach paid for pizza)

Groceries Total: $70.00
CVS: $1.00
Harris Teeter: $17.00
Walgreens: $7.00
Aldi: $38.00
Dollar Tree: $6.00
Walmart: $1.00

Eating Out Total: $57.00 (new update: $42.00)
Grove City College Cafeteria: $15.00
Boys camping trip meal one $15.00 
Abby/Mike meal one(Primati Brothers Gorve City): $15.00
Abby/Mike meal two(McDonalds): $5.00
Abby/Mike meal three(Arby's):$7.00

No comments:

Post a Comment