Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Any knucklehead can do that...May winner!!

I am in the process of contacting the May winner of the $25.00 Walgreens gift certificate. I will let you know as soon as they email me back. Sorry I was a little late on that. I have been staying right at 100 subscribers/followers for a couple of months now. Let's see if we can't get the numbers up. For the June drawing, I will give away a cooking set valued at at least $200.00....BUT only if we get to 200 subscribers/followers. So...you need to help me out. Ask 2 or 3 friends to join and we should get there easily!!

I made it to triples at HT last night. I spent 9 something and saved $25...not too shabby!!

And we had our first garden salad last night...from the lettuce planted from seed. SOOOOOO yummy! Garden is looking great.

Tonight the light/fan in one of the bedrooms just quit working and Mike decided it was a faulty switch. "I'll take care of it," he said heading to the basement. He flipped the fuse and came up with a new switch and some screwdrivers. I held a flashlight while he changed it out, touching the wires gingerly at first to make sure they weren't "hot." He was done in 5 minutes. I figure he saved me at least a $50.00 visit. "I'm so glad you can do this kind of stuff," I said. He looked at me like I was crazy:  "Any knucklehead can do THAT," he exclaimed. Of course I reminded that I couldn't do that....so...how many of you can do that or have a spouse who can?? How many knuckheads like me are there out there??

4 comments:

  1. my dad, brother, grandfather, boyfriend would def not be able to do that. my dad couldn't even change my windshield wipers!! my sister's husband is an electrician so i guess we're set there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have personally never done it but I have watched Mike do it enough that I feel confident that I could do it if I had to. I do happen to be blessed with a husband that can repair just about anything so I will probably never have to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad could do it, but I sometimes it would be nice to have my own personal live-in 'knucklehead.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...the summer we bought our house and worked on it (it was a forecloser:got a great deal in our dream neighborhood), I learned how to install indoor and outdoor lights, cut and put up siding, and I learned how to caulk....the lights were the scariest, but I figured it out!

    ReplyDelete