Friday, August 6, 2010

Deal time!

Made it home, safe and sound to NC, in a record breaking 19.5 hours. We came through the door at 6:30 am and I crashed on the bed. Slept for 3 hours and woke up feeling semi-human. Now it's time to start the back-to-school craziness. My kids start the 17th. The teacher's arrive next week. This is tax-free weekend down here in NC...on all school related purchases. So tomorrow I'm printing the kids lists and heading out. I had quite a few coupons from Staples, Office Max and Office Depot, so plan to go there first. I really don't need much. I pick up notebooks and other school supplies at yardsales all year long. Office Depot is offering their "free" backpack with a $10.00 purchase, and since I missed out on the Office Max offer last week, I'll head over there.

And just FYI, Sams Club is offering a 3 free days of shopping August 6, 7 and 8. The best part, NO 5% surcharge! This is a great deal. I let my membership lapse because I've found most things are cheaper on sale with a coupon. But cheese prices can't be beat! Click here and the details will pop up:
http://www.samsclub.com/

I had lots of free samples waiting for me: All Bran, Bulls Eye BBQ sauce, platex tampons, Dr. Weil's skin relief serum and bodycology lotion. Love the mailbox freebies! I will give you a new list soon.

Scads of tomatoes and cukes and my second planting of wax beans all ready for me. Homemade salsa tomorrow!

But tonight, a much needed date with my husband at Macaroni Grill...with a gift card, of course! The last 2 months have been so emotional. Thanks for all the prayers and well-wishes. 

Will be drawing for the cookware set if we get 13 more subscribers by midnight, Aug 6th!

2 comments:

  1. Trish -
    i am new to the blog and may be asking an old question, but... What things have you found - if any - that are cheaper to make at home? i am scratching around here as you know with the intent of homestead farming. so, i have been looking into the relative cost of foods, services, and some other things like tools, wood products, etc. almost everything can be paid for cheaper than it can be made by a homestead farmer (cost of materials, time, cost of tools). of course, i am not counting all the related non-cash value of farmsteading/home steading. the quality of the foods, independence, quality of family life, spiritual benefits, and other real values. but so far in my experience, nothing really costs less... have you found any neccessity or practical item that is cheaper to make at home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you made it home safely. I love the mailbox freebies, too - thanks for introducing me to them!

    ReplyDelete