Tuesday, March 2, 2010

pontifications on gratefulness....dip and ice cream

Sometimes I wonder why God puts up with me. Last year, after the wreck, I didn't think I could ever be ungrateful again...HA! It sneaks up on me... fussin' (as they say in the South) about this or that...and SERIOUSLY, what do I have to complain about? Last night I was bemoaning the fact that I had to go in to work early TWO days this week (this is painful to even write...I sound like such a whiner..I really don't like mornings) but c'mon!! And then today it started snowing around noon and has been snowing ever since (it's almost 9) and I was complaining about that....BUT THEN...I was walking home in that snow that I was whining about and all of a sudden I looked up and saw a snow laden pine and I was transported back to Maine and literally stopped short...and I quit whining. It was beautiful. And when I got home, I turned on my computer and saw an image of a woman in Chile sitting in front of her pulverized home sobbing at the loss of her family. I was humbled. I am so blessed. I think it was Chuck Swindoll who said that the most common characteristic of stable, successful, mature people is gratefulness. And that is so true.

So again today, think about all you have to be thankful for and pray for those who aren't so blessed...and if you're able to, put some action behind the prayer!! You bloggers are great...it's a crazy, busy week (I'm NOT complaining!!!!), so I won't have much time to answer/comment until Friday. Here's some good stuff:

Always keep your eyes peeled for hangags when you shop, right now there is a hangtag out there to "Try it Free": Purex Fabric Softener Offer expires 5/31/10. States: Please complete and mail this original form with name, address and phone number. Additionally we will require a copy of your cash register receipt showing the Purex Liquid Fabric Softener purchase price, as well as the UPC written on the copy of the receipt. You will be refunded the amount shown on your cash register receipt not to exceed $4. This refund only applies to the purchase price and does not apply to sales tax paid. May 31, 2010



If you are near one: Ben &Jerry's Free Cone Day will be Mar 23 noon - 8 pm at participating shops. Mar 23 is a Tuesday.  Mark your calender! I LOVE free cone day!!

Become a fan of HeluvaGood dips on Facebook, then click the "sign up form" tab and sign up for a coupon for a free container, good for the first 5,000, so hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment