Sunday, April 7, 2019

Grandson, 3 day weekend, TeaWG, and more..

I was looking through the pictures on my phone, taking time to be thankful for another week. At first glance, the week seemed fairly ordinary, but really, life is extraordinary, isn't it?

Went on a date Friday night with my husband. Here we are, waiting at our bus stop, the 281A. Public transportation in Hong Kong is cheap, reliable, clean and safe. I am grateful for this.
This is steamed milk custard at the Yee Shun Milk Company. A Hong Kong classic. Very simple, but tasty. I am grateful.

We went to Mong Kok for street food...nothing better than meat on a stick! Sausage wrapped in bacon, pork, fish balls and Siu Mai (I don't know how to describe this, but I love it--the yellow stuff that isn't round!) I am grateful.


Our grandson, Calvin, and daughter, Abby, the day AFTER Calvin's fever lifted. 


How can you not be grateful for all this cuteness!


Volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House always makes me smile.

Candy, who speaks almost as little English as I speak Cantonese, has always gone out of her way to be friendly when I work at the house. I am grateful.

We had a relaxing 3 day weekend, which ended with Creme Caramel Tea and Pineapple Cakes on a Sunday afternoon--both gifts from a friend. If you haven't tried either of these, you should!

Grateful. 








1 comment: