Friday, April 1, 2011

Free hat and beef jerky, cheap printer ink and a grateful heart!!

I have been reminded recently (proabably becasue this is so hard for me) of the importance of a thankful, praise-filled life, not just when things are going well, but all the time. Most people are grateful when things are going their way, but openly praising the Lord when life throws curve balls is the mark of a true believer. "He inhabits the praise of His people." "I will praise the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips." "Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving."

Do we really understand this? Do we practice it? I hear obscenity constantly these days...from folks who claim to know Christ! "It's just a word," they say, "I have to be true to myself. You don't want me to be a hypocrite do you, lying about my feelings?"
Is it a lie to say that God is good, even when you are hurt? When you have lost something/someone dear to you? When things just aren't going your way? Of course it isn't! And it is what He expects of us. It is the only life in which He truly dwells.

Did you read the story I posted about Baby Miranda? What makes this story amazing is that Chad was giving the Lord His due glory even after losing his wife and infant daughter. A good friend of mine-younger than myself- was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Her facebook posts are filled with praise...God will use that! Horatio Spafford, who wrote the hymn It is Well with My Soul penned those words after losing his possessions to fire and his four daughters in a ship wreck.

These are people that we admire...BE that kind of person. Verbally, outwardly thank Him today, especially if things aren't going your way. He will dwell there and He will be glorified.

God is good, all the time!! I am such a blessed woman!!

Now, on to some great deals...and I promise I will update on the soup diet soon...
Do you have a paypal account (I do, and I use it often!)? Get a nice new baseball cap for summer just by watching a VERY short video: https://www.paypal-promo.com/advantage/

Right now ebates is having some super "real men" double-cash-back sales: 123inkjets, which sells printer ink, is currently giving 16% cash back!! Plus, use code FLWR123 to get 10% off and if you spend $55, you get free shipping. I have been buying ink here at 75% off retail store prices for several years now, so this deal is just the bomb.


If any of you are looking to buy new athletic shoes or clothing, Under Armour is offering 12% cash back and has some great clearance sales and free shipping on orders of $125 or more. I bought running shoes for Will last year and they were very good quality.


If you are new to ebates, you will automatically get a $5 bonus. Basically, ebates gives you cash back on online purchases if you go through their site. If you shop online anyway, it's to your advantage to use them. You even get cash back on ebay and groupon purchases! Ebates sends out bonus checks every quarter; I just got one for $95.00!! When you refer others, you get bonuses. It's a total win-win. Click here to get started:
http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=RK%2BpzCmL3Dx9e3JkIY7z%2Fg%3D%3D

Get a full year subscription of Budget Travel magazine for $2.99 with the code BUDGET:
http://www.tanga.com/products/budget-travel-magazine-subscription--26

Pemmican Beef Jerky is giving away 4200 free bags today only (4/1)...one every 20 seconds. Sign up here:
http://www.pemmican.com/

There is a great new blog for all us Walmart lovers: http://www.iheartthemart.com/ Great deal finder...and written by a man no less!! Who knew one could be so thrifty??

2 comments:

  1. I like the cap and I am heavily interested to won it. I would like to provide it. Yes, I read about Miranda and very painful it was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post on cheap printer ink. I have read your whole post and I really liked it. Great Work!!

    ReplyDelete