Saturday, October 2, 2010

So, after a great message at last night's mission's conference, I was totally pumped to go back the second night, only to have my dear husband, who has been gone all week on the senior trip, call and sound rather sad that I wouldn't be around to greet him. I made the good wife call and decided to be here when he arrived. When he called me today, I told him, and I could hear the gratitude oozing out of the phone!! He and the girls should arrive shortly.

I spent the morning at a HUGE cross country meet watching my three boys compete. It was such a beautiful day and I was so thankful that they all ran well and had great weather for the competition. Then I came home to a call from my sister, who is currently our mother's caregiver. I have known for the last week or so that mom is going downhill fast, and as much as you try to prepare yourself for these difficult days...it is just the hardest thing. Mom is in a great deal of pain whenever she moves and is not eating well at all. I'm praying that God will just wrap His arms around her and be her strength and peace. This one thing I know--all our days are His, and He loves us so very much. I can only try to "live" that in these trying weeks. Thanks for your emails of prayer and concern.

Blessed Saturday to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment