Tuesday, February 16, 2010

samples, blogs,

"To secure the greatest amount of pleasure with the least possible outlay should be the aim of all economic effort." Francois Quesnay (1694-1174) French economist

I've always known there were many frugal/thrifty blogs out there, and I subscribe to several. Last night, however, I decided to dig around and see what I could find. OH MY WORD!! There are hundreds, if not thousands. Google them sometime. As far as I could tell, I'm the only way who is consistently going to give away free stuff every month though....so get your friends to sign up! There are even several sites that look almost exactly like mine. That's OK, though. I've made a commitment to do this for a year and see what happens. (Digression: I just got a call from work that I am off for low census today. I know I shouldn't be doing the happy dance, BUT I AM!!!) Where was I? I love to write....I really do. And I love to save money- this just seems like a good combination for me. So, on January 25, 2011, I'll reevaluate. Anywho...today I'm just happy doing my little thing! I'm just so thankful that God gives us not only what we need, but often what we want. Thanks for reading!

Freebies: Remember my comment about those free samples that don't really give you much? Well, here's one that gives you 4 or 5 feminine products, click here: http://www.kotex.com/na/samples.aspx . You can choose what you want.
Also: free pretzels are coming to Auntie Anne's on Feb 20, 10 am to 3 pm. That's a Saturday. Choose original or cinnamon, one per person.
And: BOGOF coupon for Quiznos subs click here (expires 2/21): http://www.quiznos.com/qmail/201000210/coupon/index/html

If you are near CVS, you really need to get in on the extra care bucks deals this week (see Saturday's post). They paid me to take about $30.00 worth of stuff home (I got 2 Crest toothpaste, 2 Crest mouthrinse, Aussie shampoo, and 2 Covergirl foundations.  All for free with some overage. And the toothpaste had a bonus whitestrip pack stuck to it!) Definitely worth your time.

Be watching for some permanent pages on the actual blog site (if you are getting this through email). I'm going to be adding a recipe page and a few others soon. OK, going to make some of that crockpot granola and sew patches on my kids scout uniforms. Update: 5 tomato plants now up. Why should you care? Hey, if I have lots, I might just share some with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment