Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Frugal author sells book for $20.00!!!

Yes, it's true. I am an author of a self-published book and I am selling it for $20.00. I would never pay that much for a paperback!! There is a reason for my madness, however. I decided to self-publish, which means I pay the costs up front, and I decided to sell through Amazon, simply because I think it would be a neat thing to make it into their top 100 list. Amazon takes 55%. I also really want to give a significant amount to several ministries...hence the price. I'll probably sell some copies on my own for less after I figure out all the paperwork. If you are interested, type Love, Blessings and Seatbelts into the search engine on Amazon and my book will pop up. I have a crazy goal to sell 5000 copies over two days, May 28 and 29.

On December 23, 2008, our family was involved in a horrific car accident near Cleveland, Ohio while we were going to visit family over the holidays. All four kids were in the PICU on Christmas day. The book is a compilation of all the emails I sent and the encouragement we received from all over the world. I'm hoping it will be an ray of hope for others facing similar situations.

And the money saver for the day....Harris Teeter is tripling coupons to .99 this week...woo hoo! Rack up on some free stuff. I just spent $22 and saved $47. That's when I can sing "my Harris Teeter!"

1 comment:

  1. Just ordered Love, Blessings, and Seatbelts - I pray that at least 4999 others do the same.... Abundant blessings, Donna

    ReplyDelete