Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Today my husband and I walked through a cemetary down here in High Point, North Carolina. We took some time to look at the stones of men who died in various wars and some other ones as well. I didn't know anyone, but that's really not the point.I am always grateful when I think about the sacrifices so many have made on my behalf. It was a huge cemetary, and there was only one other gentlemen there. He was crying, tipping a bottle and talking out loud to one of the stones...his daddy's I would guess. And therein is the reality of this age...death. Yet the reality of what is... is GOD. (Thanks Doc Martin, I was listening, and I remember you today also.) So to all who paid the ultimate sacrifice, thank you. Some of us do remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment