So begins Amy's second article. And boy, I am sure aware of that! On the other hand, you wouldn't be reading my blog if you didn't have SOME interest. Frugal living has come into vogue again as of late, what with the present ecomony and natural disasters (Katrina, Thailand and Haiti to name a few) giving us pause to reflect on what exactly is "enough," people from all ecomonic backgrounds are rethinking the commodities that really matter to them. The point of my little blog is to find a community of like-minded folks who can encourage each other and share ideas. Obviously, not all posts will apply to all readers. We are country, city, jobless, working, SAHM.... This will only be as successful as we all make it. Share your ideas! And remember, I'll be giving away monthly giftcards to my faithful followers.
Daily Bucks (how I saved today):
1. I made a double batch of homemade crockpot granola, very easy/cheap and so good for breakfast.
2. I planted 18 tomato seeds. (While we watch a rare 8 " snowfall accumulate...it must be therapy.) These are REALLY OLD seeds. Gurney Early Girls. I want to see if they'll even sprout.
3. I applied for 2 credit cards that give you $50.00 cash back after one purchase. I sign up for these deals and then cancel the card as soon as I get the bonus. $100.00 in "free" gas is how I see it. ( I know...I know...more later...)
4. I downloaded a free year of McAfee virus protection for being a "loyal online Bank of America customer. Saved $69.99. Sweet!
5. I watched my DH paint a new wood entertainment center that I picked up at a GOOB (going out of business) sale for $49.00. priceless.
6. I tucked away a school planner for next school year...the kind Mike brings home because they send samples to the school. I don't care that it has the wrong school name. My kids are creative at covering it up.
So much more to share...your ideas?