Friday, August 7, 2026

Frugal Friday August 7, 2026

 I have picked quarts and quarts of wild blueberries, many in the freezer, ready to top our oatmeal this winter. Last year, because of frost and drought, there were no blueberries at all, so I am most grateful.


Nearly every evening, I spend 15-30 minutes doing online surveys with the company Ipsos. I use the points to get monthly amazon gifts cards, which I redeem when I reach $25 worth-about once a month. If you are interested in doing surveys online, this is my referral link. I have been very happy with this company. 

I buy groceries with the survey money.  Generally speaking, the amazon grocery brand is the cheapest, and on par with Walmart prices. This month, I purchased 3 pounds of almonds for $18 and 24 k-cups for $5.  We don't have a Keurig at home, but I use them at work. 

Speaking of work, I was given a birthday voucher to use in the hospital cafeteria. Since I work nights and the cafeteria is closed, I used it to buy bagels and muffins on my way out of work one morning. 

I was helping plan a birthday party for a friend and searched for word games online. Specifically, I created a word search using her name and other words related to her. Ready & printed in about 5 minutes and completely free. The internet really has so many resources. 
Enjoying summer while I can.

As usual, I hung clothes on the line, made meals at home, and walked every day for exercise.

What did you do to save money this week?






No comments:

Post a Comment