Sunday, June 30, 2019

Thankful and Thrifty, First Maine Post

We have been home in Maine for 2 weeks already. To be honest, it feels like not much frugality has happened, but only because the first few weeks back there are always lots of things to do that cost money. We pay our vehicle and home insurance and pay ahead on some other annual bills. We do budget all year for this, but it's still a little shocking! This year, our pipes froze during Christmas break, so we had to have the appliance repairman come, along with the plumber. But, we now have a working washing machine, dishwasher and shower. And our vehicles all passed inspection. Yeah!

Our son had been working on a new deck for us, and he and his dad finished it up in the first few days. This was way overdue, so I'm really excited.

We were given some trout from a friend, and Will and Mike caught a couple also. 

We've already had numerous guests, which is great. I love that family can just drop in and that I run into my brother at the grocery store. Our son, Aaron came up for a week with 3 of his college buddies. Great to have them here!

I love summer in Maine, and I'm trying to savor every moment. Here's a few pictures for you. So much to be thankful for!







I also spent a week as camp nurse at Living Waters, but I think that deserves its own post!




No comments:

Post a Comment