Sunday, May 5, 2019

5 Things I'm Thankful for this Week.

1)  Living in a country that has 18 public holidays! May 1 is Labor Day in Hong Kong. It fell on a Wednesday this year, and it was great to have a day off in the middle of the week. We decided to make it a date night. The Van Gogh Alive exhibit is currently in Hong Kong, so we took the train to the area and checked out a big 18 story mall that we had somehow managed to escape visiting since arriving here. 18 FLOORS! Hong Kong knows how to do malls. Along with all the requisite stores and restaurants, it has a huge IKEA, a theater, an indoor ice hockey rink, a fitness center and floors 14-16 are for parking. How about them circular ramps!

The Van Gogh Exhibit was lovely.  It had two rooms full of movie screens that bring VG's paintings to life. I realized just now looking thought my pictures that I have no still photos of that...I guess that's appropriate! We came away saying that is was NOT a waste of money, so there's that!





2) My siblings. I'm the youngest of the bunch, and I love them all so much. I don't get to see them nearly enough. Today, May 5th, is my youngest's brother's 63rd birthday and my oldest brother's anniversary.


Happy Birthday, Doug!


Happy Anniversary, Larry and Lauren!

It's also Kentucky Derby weekend, and some of my siblings get together for the event every year. Even though I can't be there, I look forward to the great pictures!!


3) I'm also very thankful for technology that makes it easier to feel connected. There's a lot wrong with social media, but there's also mucho righto!!
4) My job. I complain, (then I complain that I'm complaining!!), but the reality is, I have a good job with great benefits. I have the same vacation days as my husband and they allow me to take the summer off without pay so I can go home to Maine. I am thankful. Very thankful.

5) Access to health care. It's something that I take for granted. I had to go to the doctor this weekend (nothing major!), and as I was paying on my way out, I took time to marvel at the blessing of not only having good doctors but also having the funds to pay for them. 


Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your many blessings see what God has done. 















No comments:

Post a Comment