Saturday, August 24, 2013

CROCKPOT GRANOLA, (again:)

This was posted earlier, but I want to share it again as I had a couple requests after I posted the crockpot oatmeal recipe. I make this at least once a week. Love the stuff.

Crockpot Granola (recipe from my bff Kelly:)

5 cups oats
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup honey (or 1/4 to 1/2 half cup of sugar)
tsp cinnamon (or other spice if you like...I like a pinch of nutmeg)


Mix well and cook on low in a crockpot for 5 hours with the lid cracked (I leave my wooden spoon in mine), stirring occasionally (at least every 30 minutes)

You can also bake at 375 for 10-20 minutes, or until brown. 

After cooking add any (or none) of the following: coconut or other nuts, sunflower seeds, raisins or other dried fruit, chocolate or carob chips, M&Ms, or use your imagination. I double this for my big crockpot.

Cool and store in airtight container.

You can make bars by mixing 2 cups of granola with 2 eggs and baking in a lightly greased 8X8 pan.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Can't wait to try it! Thank you:) Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh this looks yummy gonna try it this week
    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trish, I googled and am thinking about buying a crockpot myself - what size do you recommend? Is a 5-liter-version too big for a family of 4? Am thinking about serving guests too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!! You will love it:) I bought a 5 liter here, which was the biggest I could find. It it good for all 5 of us and makes enough for guests also. I think it's better to go with a bigger one...you don't have to fill it every time!! Enjoy. Let me know what you use it for the first time:)

    ReplyDelete